Please join us for a complimentary half-day employment law seminar in Toronto on Friday, June 5th. We will cover the following topics:
- OHS Caselaw highlights from 2014-2015: Fines, jail, conviction trends, Facebook, privilege and much more – Adrian Miedema and Chelsea Rasmussen
- The benefits and pitfalls of employment contracts – Jeff Mitchell
- Termination (just cause and reasonable notice update; practical tips on managing a termination) – Matthew Curtis and Carmen Francis
- Employees, dependent contractors and independent contractors: What employers need to know – Andy Pushalik and Timothy Fitzsimmons
- The Ontario Retirement Pension Plan: What you need to know now – Heather Di Dio
- AODA update – Anneli LeGault
- Common mistakes employers make in workplace investigations and how to avoid them – Blair McCreadie
We are particularly delighted to welcome our special guest speakers The Honourable K. Kellie Leitch, P.C., M.P., Minister of Labour and Minister of Status of Women, and Chantal Bernier, former Interim Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Date & Time
Friday, June 5, 2015
Registration and breakfast: 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Welcome remarks and special guest speaker Chantal Bernier: 9:00-9:30 a.m.
Breakout sessions: 9:30-11:45 a.m.
Lunch and special guest speaker Scott Armstrong: 11:45 a.m.
Program ends: 1:00 pm
Dentons Canada LLP
77 King Street West
For more information and to RSVP for this event visit our registration page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.